Monday 11 May 2015

Nil Return

Nil, zip, zero, hee haw.

The sum total of my mileage for the week.  Which sounds a bit like a philosophy question - am I a runner if I don't run?  Is the state of mind more important than the state of body?



The state of mind is grumpy.  Running helps me to decompress, so everything is quite dense at the moment, not least because the sore hip shows no sign of shifting any time soon.  I'd hoped that a full week's rest, with plenty of stretching and roller-ing would do the trick.  Not yet it hasn't.  I know that a week, unlike in politics, is a short time to be injured and I should shut up until something more in the order of six months has passed.  But I'm not a particularly patient sort.

I'm in two minds about whether to go to training tomorrow to see if a run helps it to loosen off.  That sounds unlikely however, and probably just the grumpy mind playing tricks on me.  Probably wiser to take the remainder of the week easy, and not jeopardise the Black Rock 5.  It's one I haven't done before and have been looking forward to.  The danger is that, as I've been eating so much and we'll be below the high tide mark, I may get harpooned by a passing vessel.  Best not wear all black...

2 comments:

  1. haha, see you at Black Rock!
    Hope the hip gets better soon. (Don't think running on it is the answer but I haven't had hip issues before so can't advise.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete. Suspect you are right - the mantra is probably "back too soon = more time off in the long run".

    ReplyDelete